The Master of Science (MS) in Computer Science from University of California, Berkeley is focused on inter-disciplinary training at a graduate level; with at least 8 units of course work outside EECS required. Students will emerge as leaders in their technical and professional fields.
- Focused on inter-disciplinary study and more experience in aligned technical fields such as Physics, Materials Science, Statistics, Biology, etc., and/or professional disciplines such as Management of Technology, Business, Law and Public Policy.
- If admitted to the program, students must begin the graduate portion in the semester immediately following the conferral of the Bachelor degree.
- Only one additional year (two semesters) beyond the Bachelor degree.
- Only available to Berkeley EECS and L&S CS undergraduates.
- Participants in program may serve as Graduate Student Instructors with approval from their faculty research adviser and the 5th Year MS Committee.
- Participants in program are self-funded.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Data Science
- Matlab for Programmers
- C for Programmers
- Productive Use of the UNIX Environment
- C++ for Programmers
- JAVA for Programmers
- Python for Programmers
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Computer Sciences View 807 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Applicants must have been an undergraduate major in EECS or L&S CS (including Community College Transfers) and have graduated in Fall 2018 or whose anticipated graduation will be in Spring 2019. The minimum GPA to apply is a 3.0, but it is preferred that applicants have a 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA.
International26544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13272 USD per semester during 24 months.
National26544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13272 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5721 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Berkeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.