About the Program
Students in the Biostatistics program of Rutgers University will have the comprehensive knowledge and technical skills needed for planning and conducting statistical analyses for studies.
The objectives of the MS in Biostatistics program are:
- to educate graduate students as biostatisticians at the Masters level with the ability to collaborate and consult with researchers of other disciplines in the biomedical and public health sciences,
- to meet the need for well-trained masters-level biostatisticians for the pharmaceutical industry, medical research institutions and public health and other governmental organizations in New Jersey and nation-wide
- to identify and educate promising doctoral students in Biostatistics.
The proposed program is designed to provide qualified students with comprehensive knowledge and technical skills needed for planning and conducting statistical analyses for studies that are required for evidence-based medicine, epidemiology survey and public health policy decisions. In addition, for those graduate students who may intend to continue their studies towards a PhD in Biostatistics, the MS in Biostatistics program will equip them with the necessary training and preparation for further advanced studies and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles and Methods of Epidemiology
- Public Health Foundations
- Advanced Regression Methods for Public Health Studies
- Biostatistics Theory
- Categorical Data Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Public Health Statistics View 401 other Masters in Statistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- MPH and MS applicants for admission to the New Brunswick or Newark Campuses must have completed an undergraduate program accredited in the United States or its equivalent and must meet the criteria below. Preference will be given to candidates with two or more years of work experience in the health care fields and to residents of New Jersey. An applicant’s qualifications are substantiated by academic transcripts, GRE scores, and references. As part of the application, a personal statement also is required. An application is considered complete and will be reviewed when all admission information is received by specific deadlines.
International1387 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1387 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1387 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1387 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State926 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 926 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.