Offered jointly by Harris Public Policy and the Committee on International Relations (CIR), the program results in two master of arts degrees—one in public policy and one in international relations.
- The MA degree program in Public Policy and International Relations from University of Chicago provides the fundamental understanding of public policy and analytics to complement their experience.
- It can be completed in one year.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Coursework in the one-year MA program offered by CIR provides a rigorous examination of the political, security, economic, social and cultural forces that shape international affairs.
- Formal distribution requirements are interdisciplinary and ensure that students receive a broad analytic understanding of the political and economic dynamics of international relations.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy View 232 other Masters in International Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online Graduate Application
- Resume: Upload a current resume, reflecting your work experience, education, community service, professional honors, and any other relevant information.
- Short Essays: You will be required to answer one brief essay question of your choice (300 words maximum).
- Motivation Statement: Prepare a brief and well-articulated response to a prompted question regarding your motivation to pursue graduate studies in public policy (300 words).
- Transcripts: You may submit unofficial transcripts through the electronic application process.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation: We prefer to have at least one reference from a previous professor who can speak to your academic background and preparedness for graduate studies.
- GRE Scores.
International53766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53766 USD per year during 12 months.
National53766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53766 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.