Combining rigorous core instruction with an interdisciplinary curriculum, CIR allows students to explore the complexities of international relations and interact with world-class faculty, scholars and professionals.
The Harris MA Public Policy and International Relations degree program at University of Chicago provides the fundamental understanding of public policy and analytics to complement their experience. It can be completed in one year.
Coursework in the one-year MA program offered by CIR provides a rigorous examination of the political, security, economic, social and cultural forces that shape international affairs. Formal distribution requirements are interdisciplinary and ensure that students receive a broad analytic understanding of the political and economic dynamics of international relations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- As a student, you will take five of the six core courses available to Master of Public Policy candidates and four electives, for a total of nine courses. Eight of the nine courses must be Harris Public Policy courses.
- You will also take a total of nine courses for the MA in international relations. The classes must be approved by your CIR advisors and preceptors, and will serve as the foundation for your required MA thesis.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- International students deadline - 31 March
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 175 other Masters in International Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed online graduate application (available starting in September).
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions (unofficial transcripts from all academic institutions may be submitted electronically).
- $90 non-refundable application fee.
- A ten to twenty-page writing sample (ideally from a seminar paper or senior thesis).
International7368 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7368 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
National7368 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7368 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.