The 30-credit Finance program at The City University of New York teaches you the foundations of managerial finance, financial theory, and investments, and broadens your expertise in areas such as corporate finance, international markets, and mergers and acquisitions. With an expansive list of elective courses to choose from, you can customize your study based on your career objectives and interests.
- 30 credits
- Shortest completion time: 2 semesters + summer session
- Flexible scheduling allows you to switch between part-time and full-time course loads
- With the appropriate course selection, this degree can prepare you for the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) or Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certification exams.
- Note: MS in Finance is not a prep program for the above certification exams. While certain courses in the program cover the main knowledge areas covered by these certification exams, they also cover other topics not required for these exams while not covering certain topics that are required for these exams.
Designed with your academic and career goals in mind
- This program is ideal for professionals interested in upgrading their technical training and knowledge in finance, or an individual with strong quantitative skills seeking a career change. With the appropriate electives, this degree can prepare you for the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) or Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certification exams. The program can also serve as a stepping stone for you if you are interested in pursuing a PhD in Finance or a related field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business Communication
- Econometrics: Theory and Applications
- Intermediate Corporate Finance
- Investment Analysis
- Money, Banking, and Monetary Policy
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance View 700 other Masters in Finance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in any major to be considered for admission
- Online Application
- GMAT or GRE
- English Language Proficiency
- Applicants are required to submit an international credential evaluation from a NACES-approved agency.
- Two professional recommendations
- $75 non-refundable application fee
International17100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 18 months.
National17100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 18 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.