These guidelines are intended to help familiarize graduate students in the Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Applied Mathematics program from University of Washington with the policies governing this degree program.
All the guidelines apply to both the on-campus M.Sc. degree and the online M.Sc. degree, unless otherwise specified. This material supplements the graduate school requirements found on the Graduate Student Resources page and on the Master’s Degree Policies page. Students are expected to be familiar with these procedures and regulations.
- Complex Analysis
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Partial Differential Equations
- Scientific Computation
- Applied Linear Algebra & Introductory Numerical Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Financial Mathematics View 222 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United States
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution2 or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution
International31530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31530 USD per year during 12 months.
National31530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31530 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State18057 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18057 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.