The city’s high-level, high-stakes media environment also means more competition—especially when it comes to moving into leadership positions in media companies. Those jobs demand more than mere knowledge of digital, social, and traditional media. They also require a background in business, which is what inspired the Gabelli School to develop its Master of Science in Media Management (MSMM) program.
The MS in Media Management at Fordham University prepares students for careers in both traditional and new media industries, emphasizing innovation, leadership, public relations, marketing, brand strategy, entrepreneurship, social media, and product development.
With our campus in the heart of Manhattan, and courses taught by leading media executives, you’ll find yourself interacting with industry leaders on a daily basis. As any Gabelli School graduate will tell you, those connections are the key to getting a job in this competitive, relationship-oriented field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Media Systems and Markets
- Innovation in Media Business Models
- Consumer Adoption of New Media
- Communicating Corporate Image and Responsibility
- Leadership with Public Relations
- Crisis Communication and Media Strategies
- Intensive Sector Analysis
- Media Strategy Practicum
- Law of Traditional and New Media
- Communication for Entrepreneurs
- New Media Product Development Practicum
- Ethics and Social Responsibility in Media Enterprises
- Social Media
- Special Topics in Communications and Media Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMedia Management View 37 other Masters in Media Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application – Online;
- All undergraduate- and graduate-level transcripts;
- Official GMAT/GRE score;
- Two Letters of Recommendation;
- Professional Resume;
- Interviews or
- $130 application fee.
International1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.