About The Sport Management Program at Florida State University
In the thesis track, students learn more about the research process and focus in-depth on a particular topic about the sport industry. Those seeking to develop a particular expertise in a certain topic area and/or those with the future goal of pursuing doctoral studies are encouraged to apply for the thesis track. Individuals must complete the approval process noted in the department’s Graduate Handbook to be eligible for the thesis track.
In the non-thesis track, you will have the opportunity to complete additional course work focusing on your specific interests, and you will also complete a practical experience. Practical experiences, or internships, provide you with the opportunity to apply knowledge you have learned in “real-life” settings, and to experience working in the sport industry.
The sport industry has many opportunities for bachelor’s and master’s degree graduates interested in professional sports, college or high school sports, elite amateur athletics, community sport programming, sport in the corporate sector and sport for development – just to name a few. As the sport industry continues to grow, new career opportunities are becoming available in areas such as business, recreation, facility, and event management. Sport professionals find themselves in a unique and rewarding industry that crosses paths with many other industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Management for Sport Organizations Spring/Summer
- Marketing Sport
- Sport and the Media Fall
- Issues in Sport Law
- Professional Development in Sport
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sports Management Sports Sciences View 1741 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- For application to the master’s degree program: A bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA – An earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or a comparable degree from an international institution, with a minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade point average (GPA) in all coursework attempted while registered as an upper-division undergraduate student working towards a bachelor’s degree.
- For application to the doctoral degree program: A master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Transcripts– Applicants must submit an official transcript (in a sealed envelope) from each college and/or university attended to the Office of Admissions.
International1110 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1110 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State479 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 479 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Tallahassee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.