This intensive one-year master’s Teaching program begins in May on the Clark University campus. By August, and for the remainder of the program, you will be fully immersed at one of six partner schools within the Worcester Public Schools system.
This approach provides you the time to develop the practices and the meaningful relationships that lie at the heart of effective teaching in our urban schools.
These exceptional hands-on learning experiences are the result of carefully arranged, intentional placements that allow you to work closely with a teacher, university mentor, and a classroom of students. When you complete the program, you will be qualified for licensure and equipped to help generations of Clark alumni transform urban education.
Why a Master’s in Teaching at Clark University
- Teach at one of our six urban partner schools, including the nationally recognized University Park Campus School, working closely with partner teachers, many of them program alumni.
- Assume full responsibility for a class of elementary, middle school, or high school students during the majority of your graduate study.
- Gain a competitive professional edge—nearly 50% of recent graduates have secured jobs in Worcester Public Schools.
- Deepen your learning experience through Teacher Rounds, Clark University’s signature collaborative learning practice that convenes small groups of M.A. in Teaching students, teachers, and education faculty for focused observation, inquiry, and reflection.
Your M.A.T. degree qualifies you for teacher licensure in Massachusetts, which is reciprocal with a number of other states through the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement. Clark’s program prepares graduates for a seamless transition into virtually any school. Nearly 50% of recent graduates have gone on to secure jobs in Worcester Public Schools, underscoring the strength of our longstanding partnership with our local community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching & Learning
- Understanding Best Practice
- Curriculum & Knowing In Science
- Literacy Across The Curriculum
- Ways Of Knowing In History
- Human Development & Learning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- All application deadlines have been suspended. Applications will be considered and admission granted on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesTeaching View 1291 other Masters in Teaching in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal statement (refer to additional information below for further details)
- Letters of recommendation (refer to additional information below for further details)
- All academic transcripts
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2860 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2860 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
National2860 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2860 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.