Concentration areas of the Economics faculty at Auburn University include applied microeconomics, health economics, industrial organization, international economics (trade and finance), labor economics, and macroeconomics. Students who have completed our programs have found a variety of opportunities that include tenure track assistant professor positions.
Students must achieve satisfactory (MS level pass) on 3 comprehensive examinations in microeconomics, macroeconomics, and econometrics. Only one retake is permitted on each exam. Please note that there is no thesis required.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Honors Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Honors Principles of Macroeconomics
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Presidential Graduate Research Fellowships: January 15th
- Teaching Assistantship: March 1st
DisciplinesEconomics View 481 other Masters in Economics in United States
- A bachelor's degree in economics or a related discipline is required. A minimum of 18 semester hours of economics and the completion of a calculus sequence are also needed.
- Apply to the Auburn University Graduate School using the online application portal.
International31956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15978 USD per semester during 12 months.
National31956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15978 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11796 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5898 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Auburn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.