Classroom activities, online learning and research experiences cover fundamentals of molecular biology, cell biology and immunology, as well as basic, translational and clinical aspects of diseases caused by important infectious pathogens, including HIV, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), malarial parasites, influenza virus and Zika virus.
Is the Infectious Disease program for me?
The Infectious Disease program of Drexel University is designed to prepare students for careers in infectious disease in government, industry and academic environments, and is ideally suited for enhancing the scientific credentials of:
- Recent college graduates
- Early career scientists
- Premedical students
- Industrial employees
- Clinical laboratory technicians
Course schedules and flexible learning options have been designed to accommodate all learners, including working professionals. INFD graduates have accepted positions in various biotechnology and pharmaceutical firms, and successfully competed for entry into PhD training programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Responsible Conduct of Research or MIIM 503S Biomedical Ethics
- Biostatistics I or MIIM 517S Applied Statistics for Biomedical Sciences
- Immunology, Immunopathology and Infectious Diseases
- Fundamentals of Molecular Medicine
- Molecular Medicine Journal Club
- 21 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health View 887 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- To be considered for admission into the Master of Science in Infectious Disease program, the applicant must have completed a four-year biology- or chemistry-related BA or BS degree program with undergraduate coursework in biology, microbiology, immunology, chemistry, biochemistry, mathematics and/or other related subjects.
- Although a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 is strongly desired, an applicant with a lower cumulative GPA will be considered if other strengths are apparent in the application.
International14893 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14893 USD per year and a duration of 21 months.
National14893 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14893 USD per year and a duration of 21 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.