The unique Drug Discovery and Development program of Drexel University provides the rigorous scientific and technical training necessary to succeed in the complex and multidisciplinary field of drug discovery and introduces students to a broad array of career opportunities. This experience facilitates a smooth transition to an enduring and productive career with a biotechnology firm, pharmaceutical company, contract research organization, nonprofit foundation, government agency or an academic institution.
Who should apply?
Typical backgrounds of Drug Discovery & Development program students include:
- Recent college graduates
- Industrial and biotechnology employees
- Graduate students
- Postdoctoral fellows
- College graduates interested in a career change
The Drug Discovery & Development curriculum provides a complete overview of the drug discovery process. Students gain comprehensive knowledge of pharmacology, physiology, pharmacoepidemiology, translational medicine, and pharmacogenomics. Working in project teams, students get practical experience implementing strategies. Both full-time and part-time programs are available. Students have the opportunity to customize their program with a broad range of elective courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The discovery process from target identification to IND submission
- The development process from first in man to commercialization
- Clinical research
- Translational medicine, translational and preclinical models
- New product development
- Case studies across therapeutic and disease areas
- Fundamentals of molecular medicine
- Pharmaceutical management
- Vaccines and vaccine development
- Pharmacology and physiology
- Intellectual property law
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Sustainable Development View 100 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Official transcripts must be sent directly to Drexel from all the colleges/universities that you have attended. Transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the college/university seal over the flap. Please note that transcripts are required regardless of number of credits taken or if the credits were transferred to another school. An admission decision may be delayed if you do not send transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Official test scores from graduate and professional admission exams such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), Law School Admission Test (LSAT) or Medical College Admission Test (MCAT).
- TOEFL scores are required for international applicants or applicants who earned a degree outside the U.S. (minimum scores: 100/600/250). Scores will be reviewed based on section scores and total scores. IELTS scores may be submitted in lieu of TOEFL scores.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1586 USD per credit during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1586 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.