Its graduates become engineers, designers and technical managers. They work in hardware design, medical and biomedical technology, lasers and electro-optical systems, fiber optics and communications, measurements, manufacturing, and consumer technology. They work for large corporations, small companies, government agencies, universities, hospitals and research centers. Many even work for themselves, having started successful businesses or gone into consulting.
Optical Sciences offered by the University of Arizona has no core curriculum, allowing the program considerable flexibility. A student may limit coursework to a single topic area, or he or she may instead form the nucleus of the master's degree around the core courses for the Ph.D. in Optical Sciences — none of which are required.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Applied Optics Laboratory
- Fundamentals of Physical Optics Laboratory
- Lasers and Solid-State Devices Laboratory
- Mathematical Optics Laboratory
- Optical Testing Laboratory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Fall: August 1 (on-campus) / August 15 (online)
- Spring: December 10 (on-campus and online)
- Fall: May 1 (on-campus) / August 15 (online)
- Spring: September 1 (on-campus) / December 10 (online)
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Physics Health Sciences View 1088 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- 3.0 GPA
- GRE general test
- TOEFL or IELTS for international students
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Updated CV
- Unofficial transcripts at the time of application/official transcripts if admitted
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.