Some services provided by people in the field of special education include K-12 education, rehabilitation for occupational development and daily independence, community-based case management, disability advocacy, school and individualized consultation services and various other services related to individuals with disabilities and their families. Through education, community awareness and ecologically-based service delivery, the focus of special education is to enhance and better the lives of all individuals with disabilities. The Special Education master’s program, offered by the University of Cincinnati, focuses on providing teacher-leaders in the area of special education.
Candidates who succeed in special education demonstrate:
- a history of academic success
- the ability to collaborate with others, including those from diverse populations
- leadership characteristics
- responsible, caring, fair, honest and ethical behavior
- a commitment to social justice and a diverse society
- a history of good critical thinking and problem solving
- enthusiasm for working with children and adults with disabilities
- a commitment to equity and the betterment of individuals with disabilities
In general, graduates of the special education masters degree program work as intervention specialists (teachers) in various K-12 education settings, including schools, hospitals, vocational training facilities and other institutions providing educational services for individuals with disabilities. Some graduates of the special education program work as advocates and/or case managers for social agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational Research for Masters Students
- Transition to Work Endorsement: Legal and Ethical Foundations
- Foundations, Trends, and Issues in Special Education Leadership
- Master's Project Guidance: Special Education I
- Master's Project Guidance: Special Education II
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 167 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Complete application package including University of Cincinnati online graduate school application.
- Statement of academic and professional goals, with a cover letter
- Resume of professional skills, educational background, and relevant work experience
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
International26644 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26644 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National26644 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26644 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State14902 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14902 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.