During the duration of the program, students will be responsible for designing and developing computing systems that enable processing, interpreting, and presenting large data sets in an organized fashion. The curriculum is designed and delivered by Lewis’s Department of Mathematics and Computer Science.
The coursework will prepare you to:
- Write software in modern languages that manage, query, and visualize large data sets on a number of computing platforms
- Create large-scale data storage systems that meet the requirements of a given problem, including prescribing the hardware, software, and communication links that comprise such systems
- Learn innovative ways to utilize data and handle data storage and encryption
- Master new data analysis methods and statistical analysis tools
- Design, implement, document, and present a computer system that can handle the data science tasks of a particular application
- Build large-scale data platforms that are mobile-friendly and accessible to users in a variety of environments
The skills you learn during the program will be applicable within the many fields that now focus heavily on data-driven decision making. Being able to sort, analyze, and test big data sets for industries including pharmaceuticals, sports management, education and more will strengthen your credentials in an increasingly competitive job market.Decoding the Mysteries of Data Science
Lewis University's online M.S. in Data Science concentration in Computer Science provides you with high-quality, hands-on, and team-oriented lesson plan designed to deepen and broaden your understanding of data science theory and techniques so that you can create real-world solutions to some of today's most pressing data problems. At the end of your studies, the capstone course will provide you with the opportunity to present a scholarly paper that presents your independent technical research which solves an existing issue within the data science industry.Should I Apply for a Computer Science Concentration?
Students who are looking for a challenging, research-intensive graduate program of study in data science will find Lewis University’s master’s in data science in computer science to be a great fit. Individuals who enjoy working with technology, learning how to visualize data, and how to sift through it will leave this program well prepared for a successful career in the computer science field.
- Concepts of Statistics 1
- Concepts of Statistics 2
- Introduction to Data Mining and Analytics
- Statistical Programming
- Data Visualization
- Large-Scale Data Storage Systems
- Machine Learning
- Data Science Project for Computer Scientists
- Cyber Security Essentials
- Pervasive Application Development
- Encryption and Authentication
- Semantic Web
- Distributed Computing Systems
- Artificial Intelligence 1
- Artificial Intelligence 2
- Natural Language Processing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 131 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
All candidates for admission must possess a bachelor’s degree in aviation from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or in a major in a related field. Individuals who have completed a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated area but have work experience in aviation and/or transportation industries may also apply. The applicant’s overall undergraduate GPA must be 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. In special cases, the GPA may be calculated on the most recent 60 semester hours of coursework. Additionally, applicants must submit:
- A completed application (along with a nonrefundable application fee).
- Academic transcripts from each institution attended.
International800 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 800 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National800 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 800 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!