Education in Special Education from University of Louisville provides a strong foundation in general education content and special education theory and methods. With coursework involving extensive classroom experience, you will develop the skills, competencies and confidence for successful teaching in this important area—including strategies for inclusion, behavior management, social skill instruction and modifying instruction within the general curriculum.
Students graduating from the MSD concentration will be qualified to gain licensure to become a special education teacher. You’ll be prepared to better understand the needs of students from elementary to high school.
- Elementary teachers work primarily with beginning or remedial skills in academic content (English language arts, math, science and social studies), as well as adaptive behaviors.
- Middle Grade and Secondary teachers address these skills in addition to preparing students to transition to vocations or to post-secondary education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Analysis in Special Education
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Single Subject Research Methods and Designs
- Applications of Assistive Technology
- Academic and Behavior Response to Intervention
- Moderate and Severe Disabilities Practicum
- Assessment of Exceptional Learners
- Moderate/Severe Disabilities Curriculum and Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
We admit students on a rolling basis. The preferred deadlines help you complete the application process on time.
- No Attendance
DisciplinesSpecial Education Educational Psychology View 56 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- Complete graduate application
- $65 non-refundable application fee
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation (please list email addresses for recommenders in the online application)
- Submit personal statement of 250-500 words, using the Personal Statement Cover Sheet [PDF]
- Sign Professional Code of Ethics and Technology Agreement [PDF] form
- Bachelor’s degree earned from an accredited institution*
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- Prerequisite: EDSP 540 Introduction to Exceptional Children (or equivalent)
- Proof of a valid teaching certificate or statement of eligibility
- English Proficiency
- Financial Statement
International552 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 552 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National552 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 552 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.