Programs of study are offered leading to the Master of Education and Master of Arts degrees in special education, the Master of Science in speech-language pathology (thesis and non-thesis options), the Doctor of Audiology in audiology, the Ph.D. in special education, and the Ph.D. in Human Sciences with a specialization in communication disorders. This master degree in Special Education and Communication Disorders is available at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
The interdepartmental Ph.D. programs in educational studies or human sciences allow for specializations in special education or communication disorders, consistent with the student's interests and employment goals. The professional doctoral degree, the Au.D., typically does not require a research project or dissertation of the magnitude necessary for the Ph.D.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Accommodating Exceptional Learners in the Elementary School Classroom
- Accommodating Exceptional Learners in the Secondary School Classroom
- Reading and Writing Disabilities: Adolescents
- Reading Center Practicum
- Foundations of Secondary Special Education
- Methods and Instruction for Secondary Special Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 663 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts and/or mark sheets showing the grades earned in each course
- A diploma or certificate of graduation. (Not required if the transcript includes the name of the degree and the date it was conferred.)
- The Diploma Supplement, if the degree is Bologna-compliant
International996 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 996 USD per credit during 12 months.
National996 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 996 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State341 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 341 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.