Do you want a broad education that can help you maximize your career opportunities? An online Master of Science in Human Environmental Sciences in General Studies may be just what you have been looking for. Join the Crimson Tide family and earn the degree you need to get ahead through Bama By Distance and the College of Human Environmental Sciences! This program is available completely online and is taught by the same faculty who teach on campus at The University of Alabama.
The online MS in General Studies will allow you the freedom to develop an intriguing program of study in more than one area of Human Environmental Sciences. Although not required for General Studies, you may choose specialty areas such as Consumer Quality Management, Family Financial Planning and Counseling, Hospitality Management or Interactive Technology to gain greater knowledge and competency in a specific area.
UA’s distinguished faulty members will guide you as you select the program of study that will enable you to achieve your unique career goals. This program can be tailored to strengthen your professional skills in order to enhance your current career or increase your options for finding a new direction.
This 30-hour program gives the student with specific career goals an opportunity to develop an innovative program of study with a focus on at least one area within the College. Each student majoring in general human environmental sciences is expected to file a program of study, which must be approved by an academic advisor.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Personal Insurance Planning and Management
- Consumer Protection
- Personal Investment Planning and Management
- Consumer Management Quality Assurance
- Consumer Quality Management Facilitation Skills
- Consumer Quality Management Systems
- Customer Service
- Consumer Conflict Resolution
- Personal Income Tax Management Planning
- Cognition, Strategies, and Technology
- Digital Tools
- Multimedia Design and Development
- Introduction to Networking Systems
- Coordination and Delivery of Information Using Digital Technology
- Needs Assessment, Planning, and Evaluation
- Entrepreneurship in Human Environmental Sciences
- E-Commerce at the College of Human Environmental Sciences
- Consumer Management Human Capital
- Special Problems in Consumer Affairs
- Community Nutrition
- Research Methods in Human Environmental Sciences
- Advances in Health Promotion
- Health Behavior
- Health Promotion Techniques
- Basic Epidemiology
- Non-thesis Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications accepted year round
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 31 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- Applicant data sheet and statement of purpose
- One transcript for each U.S. or international institution of higher education
- Admissions test scores less than five years old
- The application fee is $65 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and $80 for international applicants
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Additional application materials (e.g., portfolios, writing samples, responses to essay questions, etc.) required by individual departments
- International applicants must submit one certified copy in the native language along with certified precise word-for-word English translations of all transcripts, diplomas, and certificates of degree.
International394 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 394 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National394 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 394 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.