The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts the field to grow 20 percent from 2012 to 2022, which is much faster than average for all career fields.
This Rehabilitation Counseling program at The University of Alabama is offered fully online and adheres to the learning standards set by the Council on Rehabilitation Education. The University of Alabama’s Rehabilitation Counseling program ranks in the top 10 according to BestColleges.com.
While enrolled in the program, you will enjoy active learning opportunities and a curriculum complete with live class lectures and clinical experiences. Upon graduation you will be prepared to work in public and private settings, rural and urban communities and address a diverse array of needs.
The MA in Rehabilitation Counseling is a 48-credit-hour program, including six (6) credit hours of internship. The program is accredited by the Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE) and graduates are eligible for national certification as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC).
- Counseling: Theory and Process
- Career Development
- Counseling Skills
- Group: Process and Procedures
- Orientation to Rehabilitation Counseling
- Medical, Functional, and Environmental Aspects of Disability
- Multicultural Counseling
- Individual and Group Appraisal
- Research Methods in Education
- Life Span Development
- Advanced Seminar - Substance Abuse
- Practicum in Rehabilitation Counseling
- Internship in Rehabilitation Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Counselling Psychology View 128 other Masters in Sociology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Alabama and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An online application form
- Application fee payment
- Statement of purpose
- Unofficial admission scores (GRE, GMAT, MAT or MCAT; if required by the department)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Letters of recommendation
- Language scores (non-native English speakers)
International440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 440 USD per year during 24 months.
National440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 440 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.