The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts the field to grow 20 percent from 2012 to 2022, which is much faster than average for all career fields.
This program is offered fully online and adheres to the learning standards set by the Council on Rehabilitation Education. The University of Alabama’s Rehabilitation Counseling program ranks in the top 10 according to BestColleges.com.
While enrolled in the program, you will enjoy active learning opportunities and a curriculum complete with live class lectures and clinical experiences. Upon graduation you will be prepared to work in public and private settings, rural and urban communities and address a diverse array of needs.
The MA in Rehabilitation Counseling is a 48-credit-hour program, including six (6) credit hours of internship. The program is accredited by the Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE) and graduates are eligible for national certification as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Counseling: Theory and Process
- Career Development
- Counseling Skills
- Group: Process and Procedures
- Orientation to Rehabilitation Counseling
- Medical, Functional, and Environmental Aspects of Disability
- Multicultural Counseling
- Individual and Group Appraisal
- Research Methods in Education
- Life Span Development
- Advanced Seminar - Substance Abuse
- Practicum in Rehabilitation Counseling
- Internship in Rehabilitation Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesCounselling View 142 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Applicant data sheet and statement of purpose
- One transcript for each U.S. or international institution of higher education
- Admissions test scores less than five years old
- The application fee is $65 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and $80 for international applicants
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Additional application materials (e.g., portfolios, writing samples, responses to essay questions, etc.) required by individual departments
- International applicants must submit one certified copy in the native language along with certified precise word-for-word English translations of all transcripts, diplomas, and certificates of degree.
International394 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 394 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National394 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 394 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.