Policy changes, technological advances, and an increased awareness of the world's resources are creating a growing need for advanced expertise in renewable and sustainability systems. Now more than ever, it's critical to prepare yourself to serve as a leader of the green economy. The Master of Professional Studies in Renewable Energy and Sustainability Systems (MPS-RESS) degree at Pennsylvania State University can help you succeed in this dynamic field.
The Master of Professional Studies in Renewable Energy and Sustainability Systems degree is delivered through a partnership with Penn State’s College of Earth and Mineral Sciences and Penn State World Campus, a pioneer in providing global online access to a real university education. Your online courses are the same academically challenging courses that are taught on campus. Yet they give you the flexibility and convenience to study wherever you are, at times that suit your own schedule.
This program can benefit you if you are already in the renewable energy and sustainability field and looking to advance in your current position or if you want to move into another segment of this rapidly evolving energy industry.
A master's degree in renewable energy and sustainability systems can prepare you to make an impact in the industry by serving in professional roles, such as sustainability project manager, energy efficiency analyst, energy project manager, environmental risk analyst, renewable energy consultant, and community planner.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainability Driven Innovation
- Utility Solar Power and Concentration
- Management and Design of Renewable Energy and Sustainability Systems
- Renewable Energy and Nonmarket Enterprise
- Solar Resource Assessment and Economics
- Technologies for Sustainability Systems
- Alternative Fuels from Biomass Sources
- Commercial Solar Electric Systems
- Solar Project Development and Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Biodiversity & Conservation Sustainable Development View 28 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Vita or Résumé — Upload your résumé to the online application.
- Statement of Purpose — You should submit a personal statement not to exceed two single-spaced pages, which should describe your specific career goals and objectives, prior experience relevant to the decision to pursue an advanced degree, and other information that may be useful to the admissions committee.
International31350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.