As the internet and the online experience continue to evolve, educators across the nation are turning to technology to more effectively engage students and trainees, improve learner performance, and enhance the quality of learning experiences. With a Master of Education in Learning, Design, and Technology (LDT) from Pennsylvania State University, you can expand your skills in instructional design and instructional technology and understand how to evaluate the impact of technology on learning.
- Learn core skills including design of learning management systems, implementation of mobile technologies for learning, design of informal learning experiences, intentional engagement of social learning experiences, and the implementation of technology-enhanced learning.
- We prepare our graduates for critical analysis of their educational and training programs, especially using cost-benefit and ROI analyses, audience analysis, and task analysis to guide the customization of their design work for specific content, audiences, and contexts.
- As a student in these programs, you can learn to develop lesson plans and resources using contemporary theories of instruction. You can also learn best practices in the development and delivery of online, hybrid, and face-to-face curriculum. Our online programs are designed to help you successfully incorporate the use of the internet and technology in teaching and learning at your institution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Systematic Instructional Development
- Computers as Learning Tools
- Integrating Mobile Technologies into Learning Environments
- Gaming 2 Learn
- Teaching and Learning Online in K–12 Settings
- Measuring the Impact of Technology on Learning
- Emerging Web Technologies and Learning
- Designing e-learning Within Course Management Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Design Computer Sciences View 222 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- GPA and Test Scores — Official GRE or MAT test scores should be reported directly to Penn State University. Only scores from the past five calendar years (from date of application) can be accepted.
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Résumé or Vita - that concisely describes your academic and professional history, achievements, and skills relevant to the LDT program and the field of education.
- Statement of Purpose — 750 words or less explaining why you want to enter the master's program.
- Writing Sample
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.