There are many different threats to our agriculture and food supply chain that occur naturally or are man-made. Such attacks may cause illnesses or loss of life, generate fear, cause economic loss, and create social instability. The intercollege Master of Professional Studies (iMPS) in Homeland Security - Agricultural Biosecurity and Food Defense option at Pennsylvania State University, offered in partnership with the College of Agricultural Sciences, can provide students with foundational knowledge about plant, animal, and food security issues; surveillance systems for infectious diseases; diagnostic and sensor technologies; disease-predictive models; protection and mitigation approaches; and microbial forensic capabilities.
CareersThe degree is ideal for public health professionals, food safety analysts, quality control specialists, plant managers, food safety engineers, food defense coordinators, food inspectors, food microbiologists, and individuals working or studying food safety and biosecurity in industry, government, or academia.
- Agricultural Biosecurity: Protecting a Key Infrastructure
- Crisis, Disaster, and Risk Management
- Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostic and Surveillance Systems
- Natural Disasters
- Exploring Imagery and Elevation Data in GIS Applications
- Food Defense: Prevention Planning For Food Processors
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesRisk Management Agriculture Terrorism & Security View 49 other Masters in Agriculture in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- GPA and Test Scores — Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are required
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Résumé — Upload your résumé to the online application.
- Statement of Purpose — A statement of no more than 500 words explaining to the admissions committee how your professional experience and goals relate to the program to which you are applying. Your statement could include aspects such as the following: Your reasons for pursuing the degree; why you feel you are a good candidate for the program; and any information you would like the admissions committee to know about you personally and/or professionally.
International33231 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33231 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.