The Master of Education in Higher Education at Pennsylvania State University is a professional degree program designed to prepare students and professionals for the field of postsecondary education. The master's in higher education is offered through Penn State's Center for the Study of Higher Education and the Department of Education Policy Studies. The higher education program has been a part of Penn State for more than 50 years.
Our higher education master's program is flexible. Many of our students are working professionals and choose to take one course at a time. Since almost all of our courses are offered in every term (fall, spring, and summer), other students choose to take two courses each term and complete their degree in five terms (a little over a year and a half) . This program offers students a broad introduction to careers, policies, administration, history, organization, and evaluation of postsecondary education programs and activities.
A higher education master's is useful for entry-level professionals in a variety of administrative areas, those aspiring to become mid-level administrators of college and university offices, as well as practitioners in a variety of administrative functions desiring further professional development and career enhancement.
- Foundations in Higher Education and Student Affairs
- Designing Institutional Research Studies
- Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Legal Issues in Higher Education
- Planning and Resource Management in Higher Education
- College Students and Their Success
- Pro-Seminar in U.S. Higher Education
- Administrative Leadership in Higher Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Higher Education View 96 other Masters in Higher Education in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- GPA and Test Scores
- Official test scores from the GRE (combined verbal, quantitative, and analytical score) or comparable exam such as the GMAT, LSAT, or MAT.
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Statement of Purpose — a written essay discussing your professional goals and how the study of higher education will bring you closer to realization of those goals.
International30210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.