The Legal Studies - Criminal Justice program at California University of Pennsylvania will address practical topics that law enforcement professionals can apply to their day-to-day decision-making or use as they step up to executive leadership roles.
Expand your contribution to the community.
Students in the M.S. in Legal Studies: Criminal Justice concentration examine the structural and operational dynamics of criminal justice organizations. They engage in advanced study of the functions and processes of the American criminal justice system, and research and analyze contemporary criminal justice issues.
As a graduate student in this program, you’ll dig deep into critical issues of police accountability, including police practices that frequently trigger civil liability. You’ll learn risk management approaches for reducing criminal and civil liability, and you’ll study investigative practices for financial crimes and sexual offenses.
The criminal justice concentration in legal studies encourages research and reflection on topics of concern to all Americans, including police procedures and the functions and processes of the American justice system. Criminal justice students also may:
- Partner with professors in completing research for publication in various academic and professional journals.
- Choose research topics relevant to their current employment. For instance, students who are police officers may select specific police policies and present solutions in their white papers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological, Chemical, Nuclear & WMD Threats in Homeland Security
- Digital Imaging, Forensic Photography and the Law
- Financial Investigations
- Law and Criminal Conduct
- Law and Police Process
- Law, Civil Liberties and the Constitution
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Civil & Private Law Public Law View 90 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
Conditional Admission may be granted with the following modifications of the Regular Admissions Requirements. Those admitted conditionally based on missing document/s have up to a maximum of two semesters to satisfy these requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with a GPA under 3.00 will be reviewed for a decision
- Unofficial transcripts
- Resume with contact information for three professional references with an overview of professional work experience
- 500-word essay supporting the application
International23220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State15480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 516 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.