The Health Informatics program of Drexel University is perfect for information technology specialists who want to pursue careers within biomedical and health organizations. It is also ideal for current healthcare professionals who want to use electronic health data to improve the quality and safety of patient care.
What can you do with a Master's in Health Informatics?
This outlook favors master’s prepared students with knowledge of health care IT. Apart from understanding theory, such professionals will have the technical skills needed to organize, manage, and integrate electronic data into many sectors of the healthcare industry. These sectors include major employers like hospitals, physicians’ offices, nursing and residential care, government, outpatient centers, public health, consumer health, and medical research.
Here are five job titles that people with a master’s degree in health informatics may hold:
- Informatics Nurse Specialist
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Chief Medical Information Officer
- Healthcare IT Project Manager
- Medical Records Coordinator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Perspectives on Information Systems
- Web Systems & Architecture
- Database Management Systems
- Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Healthcare Informatics
- Information Assurance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing View 261 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- A four-year bachelor's degree in any major from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelors or above
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Scores from the General Aptitude Test of the GRE
International1342 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1342 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1342 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1342 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.