This specialized MSN is conducted by Drexel University’s nationally ranked College of Nursing and Health Professionals and provides the knowledge and skills needed to meet the specialized needs of this patient base. Acute Care Nurse Practitioners are primarily employed in hospital settings including hospitalist roles, intensive care units and specialty medical and surgical practices.
The Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program of Drexel University places a special emphasis on diagnostic reasoning and clinical decision-making, and is designed to prepare acute care nurses for roles as clinicians, educators, researchers, and leaders in multi-disciplinary healthcare environments.
The nurse practitioner programs in the Department of Advanced Practice Nursing at Drexel University provide you the flexibility of finding and coordinating your own clinical site and preceptor. The department also offers resources to assist you in this process. Accessibility to clinical sites and preceptors varies from state to state, and you may be required to travel to access clinical sites/preceptors and achieve the necessary clinical hours.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Confronting Issues in Contemporary Health Care Environments
- Advanced Ethical Decision Making in Health Care
- Quality and Safety in Healthcare
- Research Methods and Biostatistics
- Evaluation and Translation of Health Research
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Nursing View 295 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from program fully accredited by National League of Nursing (NLN) and/or American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN.) The accrediting body for NLN is ACEN and the accrediting body for the American Association Colleges of Nursing is CCNE.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above from your BSN
- Two years of current bedside acute care nursing experience is required. Critical care experience is preferred. Examples of the recommended nursing experience include, but are not limited to: ICU, CCU, ER, trauma and high acuity step down units.
- A current, unrestricted United States RN license
International19494 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1026 USD per credit during 36 months.
National19494 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1026 USD per credit during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.