In the sports and fitness fields, employees with advanced business skills and sports-related knowledge are highly sought after to help advance the success of athletic programs and individuals. This Sports Management MSc course at the American Public University is helpful for pursuing careers as an interscholastic or intercollegiate coach, sports manager, or front-office manager.
American Public University System’s Sports Management degree program is designed to prepare students to meet sport industry demands through the use of theoretical and practical application. Progressive curriculum design, with interactive teaching methods, high interaction, and applicable research provide students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to be successful in the sports industry.
Students must choose a concentration for this degree program:
- Coaching Theory and Strategy
- Interscholastic Athletic Administration
- Sports Business Leadership
What You Will Do
- Apply management theory and managerial leadership concepts to contemporary sports industry practices
- Analyze and apply relevant business, legal, and ethical issues such as models of ethical analysis, codes of professional ethics, and situational analysis to the sports industry and enterprise
- Integrate economic decision making and advanced finance theory and concepts to sports and sports-related enterprises as it relates to sports in contemporary society
- Implement concepts and theories of marketing to sports-related enterprises to include internal and external sources of marketing information, marketing theory, industry segmentation, marketing mix, sport sponsorship, licensing, venue and event marketing, and image enhancement
- Examine ethical and legal concepts in a sport context relative to governance, gender equity, and managerial leadership and decision making within an athletic department or organization
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History, Culture, and Social Contexts of Sport
- Critical Thinking in the Sports and Health Industries
- Sports Law
- Sports Marketing, Promotion, and Public Relations
- Sports Finance
- Sports Event Management
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesSports Management Coaching Event Management View 25 other Masters in Coaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Please read all graduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.