The Molecular Biotechnology programme offered by the University of Birmingham aims to provide students with training and learning opportunities in the skills and specialised knowledge needed to equip them for a career in biotechnology, molecular biotechnology or molecular biology, in particular in industry.
Key features of this programme:
- Focuses on the molecular and cellular aspects of biotechnology
- Includes material on fermentation, process and downstream engineering, and business aspects
- A mixture of taught material and lab-based research projects
- Teaching and research at one of the UK's top Schools of Biosciences
Who is this programme aimed at?
- Those looking for a future in a biotechnology or an other life sciences related industry
- Those interested in pursuing a research career in life sciences in industry or academia
- Those returning from industry to obtain higher qualifications
Graduates from this programme will be well-placed for future careers in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, biomedical and other science-based industries, many of which are undergoing a period of rapid international growth.
The programme was designed in consultation with a senior scientist in a global pharmaceutical company, and includes relevant applied elements such as modules on product development and business plans, in addition to those covering the scientific aspects of the subject.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Molecular Biotechnology
- Research Techniques in Molecular Biotechnology
- Practical Applications of Molecular Biotechnology
- Functional Genomics and Reverse Genetics
- Gene Expression Analysis
- Funding Science
- Pharmaceuticals & Therapeutic Biologicals from Bench to Market
- Research project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Molecular Sciences View 116 other Masters in Biotechnology in United Kingdom
- Good UK Honours degree or overseas equivalent
- This programme is designed for UK and international graduates who have an appropriate Life Sciences background, with a suitable degree in the Biological Sciences, Biochemistry or Biomedical Sciences.
- Graduates should have a minimum of a lower second class Honours degree (or the equivalent from outside the UK) in a Biosciences subject including at least 40 credits or equivalent of appropriate molecular biology (including gene cloning) and some genetics as part of their first degree.
International23310 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23310 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9900 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.