- Focuses on the molecular and cellular aspects of biotechnology
- Includes material on fermentation, process and downstream engineering, and business aspects
- A mixture of taught material and lab-based research projects
- Teaching and research at one of the UK's top Schools of Biosciences
Who is this programme aimed at?
- Those looking for a future in a biotechnology or an other life sciences related industry
- Those interested in pursuing a research career in life sciences in industry or academia
- Those returning from industry to obtain higher qualifications
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) latest updates and FAQs for future students
What can I do with an MSc in Molecular Biotechnology?
Graduates from this programme will be well-placed for future careers in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, biomedical and other science-based industries, many of which are undergoing a period of rapid international growth.
The programme was designed in consultation with a senior scientist in a global pharmaceutical company, and includes relevant applied elements such as modules on product development and business plans, in addition to those covering the scientific aspects of the subject.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biotechnology: From Genes to Products
- Research Techniques in Molecular Biotechnology
- Practical Applications of Molecular Biotechnology
- Functional Genomics and Reverse Genetics
- Funding and Communicating Science
- Pharmaceuticals and Therapeutic Biologicals from Bench to Market
- Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Molecular Sciences View 129 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
This programme is designed for UK and international graduates who have an appropriate Life Sciences background, with a suitable degree in the Biological Sciences, Biochemistry or Biomedical Sciences. Graduates should have a minimum of a lower second class Honours degree (or the equivalent from outside the UK) in a Biosciences subject including at least 40 credits or equivalent of appropriate molecular biology (including gene cloning) and some genetics as part of their first degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25740 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10620 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10620 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.