The Criminology and Law programme programme offered at the Bangor University enables students to develop an international perspective on crime, justice and law through national and cross-national approaches and case studies of other societies, and/or ‘cutting edge’ issues in contemporary criminology and law. Students will also acquire a wide range of transferable skills.
Graduates will be sought after by law-enforcement agencies such as the police. Other employment opportunities include public administration: e.g. crime prevention units, offender management, general administration, and international institutions. Political associations and NGOs are also possible employers.
Graduates may take up work for members of parliaments, for lobby groups related to the criminal justice system and to issues of social justice and law broadly conceived. Jobs are also available in research at universities and other research institutions. Of course, students may progress into further postgraduate study leading to a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Youth, Crime, Vulerab & Abuse
- Antisemitism & the Holocaust
- Comparative & Intl Crim Just
- Transnational Crime
- Tackling Inequality & Injustice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- We would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June (for September intake) or the end of October (for January intake).
DisciplinesLegal Studies Criminology View 176 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- We accept applications from graduates of Criminology and Criminal Justice, of LLB (Single and Joint Honours) and related subjects such as Politics, and the Social Sciences. Normally, we require a 2(ii) undergraduate degree. An upper second class (or equivalent) is desirable, but applications from candidates with a lower second class degree and professional qualifications and/or appropriate experience will also be considered.
- In general, all applicants are judged on their individual merits. Work experience and other factors are also taken into consideration. We have many years’ experience of making offers of entry based on qualifications awarded worldwide and we welcome applications from international students. Entry will require a qualification deemed to be equivalent in level to the UK bachelor degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.