The Tropical Forestry MSc from Bangor University provides part-time students from across the world with training in the management of forest resources, understanding of the scientific, academic and practical principles which underpin forest management, forest measurement and forest ecosystem function and the interrelationships between government, industry and communities’ forests and associated land-use.
The Tropical Forestry MSc is part-time and the full MSc is completed in three years. It builds on the existing links and strengths of the highly successful forestry masters programmes in the School of Natural Sciences: MSc Sustainable Forest Management (SUFONAMA), MSc Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR) and Forest and Nature for Society (FONASO). These programmes were developed by European Masters consortiums and funded by the EU Erasmus Mundus programme.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Agroforestry Systems & Prac.
- Tropical Forestry Study Tour
- Social Issues in Forest Mgt.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June.
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Forestry
- A 2(i) undergraduate Honours degree in a relevant science or technology subject is required, such as forestry, biology, ecology, law, economics, environmental science, development studies.
- Applications from mature students without higher education qualifications but who have relevant work experience and who have worked for a minimum of 2 years in a position of responsibility and relevance to the degree will be considered.
International17800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17800 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.