Central to the course’s objectives is the idea of the international manager who combines specialist knowledge of the role of management and management functions with a strong understanding of the social, political and ethical context of business. Such understanding is essential in a globalised world where national differences persist and management of cross-cultural environments is demanded. The course aims to produce graduates who are capable of contributing to sustainable and ethically informed business success, in a highly competitive global environment.
This International Management programme from Cardiff University enables you to acquire specialist knowledge of international management whilst placing that subject knowledge within a wider organisational and contextual framework.
It will develop your ability to understand, design, conduct and evaluate empirical research through independent work leading to the submission of the International Management Project.
You will develop the ability to recognise and address ethical dilemmas and corporate social responsibility issues in international management, and to apply analytical and technical skills to resolving them.
You will be part of a community which is committed to delivering social improvement alongside economic development in the world’s first Public Value Business School.
You will study at a Business School ranked 1st in the UK for research environment and 6th for research excellence (REF 2014).
You will be a student of the only business school in Wales accredited by AACSB international (and one of only 5% worldwide).
This course is aimed at those who want to work as international managers in multinational companies, global enterprises and SME's.
- The International Management Project
- International Management
- Governance, Regulation and Standards in Global Business
- International Business Environment
- Cross Cultural Management
- Academic Skills and Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended you apply 9–12 months in advance of the course starting.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership International Business View 1358 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- Candidates will normally be graduates with a 2:1 degree (GPA 3.0/4.0) in a humanities, social sciences or business programmes from a recognised institution. Alternative degree backgrounds and relevant work experience may also be considered.
- Shortlisting process: Candidates will be required to submit a personal statement of 500 words providing 3 reasons why the programme’s aims and objectives fit with their academic background, career aspirations and personal values.
- Interview process: Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed, either in person or by Skype, to further explore their personal statement in order to establish their aptitude for the programme and their motivation.
International21950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.