The Masters of Science in Dietetics at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley will provide the required didactic coursework and supervised experiential learning within a 2-year Master's program. The MS in Dietetics will serve students interested in becoming Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs).
- This program will allow students to focus on knowledge and skills for an entry level RDN at a Master's level. The program will include coursework that meets the future education model's standards and competencies that are set forth by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
- The coursework will use competencies, performance indicators, and practice illustrations to demonstrate assessment of critical thinking, interprofessional collaboration, communication, evidence-based research, ethics, leadership, and dietetics knowledge. The students will be placed in a variety of practicum settings to complete competencies which affords the graduates to take the registration examination for dietitians. Upon passing the exam, RDNs my hold a number of positions in the areas of healthcare, foodservice, community, academia and/or research.
- Advanced Human Nutrition
- Global and Public Health Nutrition
- Dietetic Capstone
- Food Systems Management
- Ethics and Leadership in Dietetics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Education View 93 other Masters in Health Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must meet at least 1 of the Following Criteria and provide official transcripts: Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Sciences (BSNS from UTRGV or graduate from a US Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) program) or Bachelor of Science degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university; international students must provide TOEFL or IELTS scores and international transcript evaluation records.
- The following pre-requisites (or equivalents) will need to be complete: Anatomy and Physiology (6 hours), General Chemistry (8 hours), Organic chemistry (4), Advance Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism (3), Microbiology (4), Statistics (3), Introduction to Clinical Nutrition (3), Food Preparation (4)
- A formal application
- Two letters of recommendation
- A grade of B or better in all prerequisites.
- Letter of personal intent
International15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 24 months.
National15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State8332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.