As a Indiana University Kokomo student in the program, you gain graduate-level historical knowledge, critical thinking skills, and techniques for clear and persuasive writing. You learn to recognize historiographic trends and their meanings, perform research, and construct original historical arguments. Your studies will culminate in at least one semester-long research project of original scholarship.
When you graduate from the program, you will have:
- Effective oral and written historical communication skills.
- The ability to perform research.
- The ability to construct original historical arguments.
- Competencies in digital and public history.
Your IU Online MA in History helps prepare you for such careers as:
- General researcher
- Writer or editor
- Journalist or broadcaster
- K-12 teacher
- Library or museum worker
- The Long 19th century in the US (1800–1917)
- Modern United States (1917–present)
- The US and the World
- European History
- Latin American History
- Asian History
- African History
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- We have a rolling admission here at IU Kokomo
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 36 other Masters in Modern History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application for Admission
- Official Academic Transcripts
- Transfer Students - Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Graduate Students - Official transcripts of a bachelor degree equivalent to the US four-year degree along with program-specific exam result (GRE, GMAT, etc.)
- English Proficiency Document – (Choose One)
- Financial Document
- Copy of Passport (a copy of your current passport with picture I.D)
International6750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 450 USD per credit during 24 months.
National6750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 450 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State4800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 320 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.