A Certified Health Executive (CHEC H E) is a skilled professional who is committed to both personal career development and their profession. A CHEC H E gains valuable insight into the most advanced health leadership practices and is better able to lead an organization.
The CHEC H E program is a self-directed online program that can be completed at your own pace. You must be a member of the Canadian College of Health Leaders (CCHLC C H L), and you must complete all requirements within 3 years.
Apply for CCHL membership and the CHE program
After successfully completing phase one of the Online Business Administration for Health Leaders program at Athabasca University, you can apply for membership with the CCHLC C H L and apply to the CHEC H E Select Program.
- your application form and payment ($900 for AUA U MBAM B A students)
- a resumé showing 2 years of health leadership experience in Canada with detailed position descriptions
- a letter of reference from a current or former employer
- proof of enrolment in the AUA U MBAM B A program Read the Applying for CHEC H E Guide.
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Economics and Quantitative Analysis
- Operations Management
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Health Administration Strategic Management View 24 other Masters in Strategic Management in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Athabasca University and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of managerial experience (managerial experience includes managing people, projects, and/or budgets). You may also qualify to enter through the accelerated entry route.
- An accepted professional designation and at least 5 years of managerial experience.
- 8 years of managerial experience.
International16060 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48180 CAD for the full programme during 36 months.
National16060 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48180 CAD for the full programme during 36 months.
Applied Project Route: $48,180/full
Course Based Route: $52,799/full
Living costs for Athabasca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.