Medical Sciences in Medical Education from Harvard University aims to give those who already excel in one of the health sciences disciplines an opportunity to turn their specialized knowledge and skill towards the advancement of health professions education. Through research, skill building and innovation, the MMSc-Med Ed program seeks to transform health professions education in the service of advancing health sciences and health care nationally and internationally. Graduates of our program are well-positioned to lead progress and make transformative change.
Students at Medical Sciences in Medical Education from Harvard University will:
- gain solid foundation in the theories and principles underpinning health professions education, such as the science of learning, strategies of curriculum development and education design, adult learning theories, integration of education technology and principles of assessment.
- gain comprehensive tools and protected time to engage in research on the most important issues in the field. Our research objective includes empirical work and hypothesis testing using quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Quantitative Research in Medical Education
- Simulation-based Education
- Learning Design Practicum for Medical Educators
- Medical Education for the 21st Century: A Global Perspective
- Leadership and Teamwork
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences Health Education View 743 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application: All applicants must create a user account via Harvard Medical School's application portal. You may save your application and return to it later if you need more time to complete it, but please submit all materials by the application deadline.
- Curriculum Vitae: provides a summary of your experience, education, skills, awards and any research/medical publications.
- Letter of Intent: No more than three pages in length, describing interest in the program, qualifications and area of research interest
- Three Letters of Recommendation: Applicants must provide the email addresses of three recommenders in the application system.
- Transcript(s): These may be official or unofficial
- $100 USD application fee
- TOEFL/IELTS/Duolingo Score
International44816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44816 USD per year during 24 months.
National44816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44816 USD per year during 24 months.
Part-Time - Year 1 & 2 - $22,408
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.