The Public Policy - ANU - U Tokyo double degree aims to prepare you for an innovative career in public policy in the Asia-Pacific region. At at the Australian National University the MPP will provide students with an introduction to the latest disciplinary policy debates in the social sciences and, with a mixture of theory and practice, to build the analytical tools and knowledge necessary for high quality policy analysis. The year at GrasPP adds the opportunity to gain perspectives on public policy skills and knowledge in one of the most influential public policy schools in Japan and the region.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge and understanding of key debates and thinking in the field of public policy, in Australia, Japan and the Asia-Pacific region, and globally
- Reflect critically on and engage in key theoretical debates in the field of public policy
- Engage influentially in debates and analysis of public policy issues and practical challenges across cultural, developmental and institutional contexts
- Demonstrate knowledge of research principles and both qualitative and quantitative methodologies relevant to the field of public policy
- Identify and apply appropriate research methods to public policy challenges
- Analyse, synthesise and communicate complex, political and institutional policy problems from multiple perspectives
- Develop innovative policy recommendations to complex problems in changing policy environments
- Understand challenges relating to management, implementation and evaluation of public policies and respond to these in innovative ways
- The Economic Way of Thinking
- Public Sector Management
- Economics for Government
- Policy Research
- Public Policy
- Political and Institutional Architecture of Public Policy
- Cases in Contemporary Public Policy
- Evidence and Analysis in Public Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Public Policy Political Science View 55 other Masters in Public Policy in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 093289G
- A Bachelor degree or international equivalent, with at least 3 years of work experience in public policy.
International47940 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47940 AUD per year during 24 months.
National33520 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33520 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.