Students will benefit from experiential learning opportunities and formal training in applying descriptive and inferential statistics specific to biomedical research, clinical and translational studies, and public health research aimed at improving population health.
- Demonstrate the ability to construct written or oral communication, which easily and accurately presents results and interpretations of a statistical analysis, to a collaborating health scientist or other vested audience
- Develop a statistical analysis plan, which implements biostatistical methodology to address a biomedical research question while remaining aware of the limitations of the methodology
- Analyze data and apply concepts from the intersection between biostatistics and epidemiology
- Develop code for statistical software in order to college and analyze data sets using appropriate biostatistical methods
Graduates of the Biostatistics program at University of Kentucky will have the opportunity to pursue some of the following current and future in-demand careers after graduating.
- Data Analyst/Informatics Specialist
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Scientist
- Principal Investigator (PI)
- Professor or Teacher
- Quantitative Scientist
- Research Scientist
- Statistical/Biostatistical Programmer
- Databases and SAS Programming
- Simulation Based Inference for Health Data Science
- Linear Regression
- Generalized Linear Models
- Statistical Practice in Public Health
- Advanced Epidemiology
- Advanced Biostatistics Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
Applications are still accepted after the priority deadline
DisciplinesBioinformatics & Biostatistics View 429 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation.
International31608 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31608 EUR per year during 12 months.
National31608 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31608 EUR per year during 12 months.
In-State12610 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12610 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lexington-Fayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.