Programs lead to the Preliminary Education Specialist Credential in Mild-Moderate Disabilities or Moderate-Severe Disabilities, and/or to the Masters of Science degree in Special Education. The credential programs are field-based enabling candidates to apply coursework content to school and community programs.
- Four Semester program, plus Summer session for those without a prior teaching credential.
- Classes delivered in online, face-face, and/or hybrid formats
- Core Specialized courses
- Concurrent coursework and field work
- Cohort format
- May complete both authorizations: Mild/Moderate Support Needs or Extensive Support Needs.
- Additional support for Intern teacher candidates
- Master of Science in Special Education degree from California State University East Bay is earned concurrently with the Educational Specialist Credential.
- Curriculum & Instruction: Mild Moderate Disabilities
- Assessment, Curriculum & Instruction: Moderate Severe Disabilities
- Research & Professional Practices
- Fieldwork: Mild Moderate Disabilities
- Fieldwork: Moderate Severe Disabilities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Special Education View 768 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Transcript: one set of official transcripts from all college/universities attended sent directly to Graduate Admissions
- Application Fee: $70 dollars
- Department Application ($25 application fee)
- Statement of Purpose with coversheet
- Certificate of Clearance or Valid CTC document (requires live scan fingerprinting)
- Three Letters of Recommendation Forms (from a person who has observed you working with K-22 learners)
- Verification of U.S Constitution Requirement
- Valid Negative TB Test Report (within the last 2 years)
- Overall GPA 3.0 or Petition Waiver
- Official Bachelors Degree bearing transcript
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
International15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
National15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8429 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8429 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.