Water is a critical component for life. Even today, water conflict already exists in seemingly water-rich states such as Michigan. As the demand for water grows, issues and concerns related to water resources will become more acute. The availability of water resources over the long-term will be inherently linked to sound water resource policy. In addition, the Water Resource Policy program at Grand Valley State University has been developed to serve both traditional graduate students and professionals working in the environmental field.
Why Study Water Resource Policy at Grand Valley?
- This program is the first of its kind in the state of Michigan.
- The emerging need for well-trained water policy professionals. Demands on water resources will continue to grow over the next decade, which will drive program growth in the future.
- Relevant internship placements with organizations that deal with current and emerging water issues give you the opportunity to help research, discuss, and develop new policies.
- Opportunities for study at the Annis Water Resources Institute in Muskegon.
- Available to full- or part-time students. Many classes are offered in hybrid or online format to accommodate the schedules of working professionals.
- Foundations of Public Service
- Research Methods
- Public Policy Analysis
- Theoretical Perspectives in Aquatic Science
- Water Policy and Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Admission will be considered on a case by case basis.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Marine Engineering View 46 other Masters in Marine Engineering in United States
- Earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States, or the equivalent of this degree from another country.
- Demonstrated ability to pursue graduate work successfully. Graduate programs generally require an undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
International24420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 740 USD per credit during 12 months.
National24420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 740 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Allendale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.