The Nursing - Nurse Educator Online graduates from The University of Maine will be able to:
- Evaluate and integrate a wide range of theories from nursing and related disciplines to provide high quality, culturally sensitive, and ethically-based patient-centered care
- Demonstrate leadership, professional accountability, and commitment to lifelong learning in nursing
- Partner with colleagues and patients to promote health and to prevent injury and illness
- Apply evidence from research and best practice models to care and evaluate outcomes
- Proficiently use technology and information systems to enhance knowledge, healthcare team communication, reduce errors, establish differential diagnosis, and support decision making
- Incorporate ethical principles, legal and regulatory mandates, and professional standards
- Advocate for improving healthcare and health outcomes by analyzing social, political, and economic factors
- Apply knowledge from nursing science and teaching/learning theories to design, implement, and evaluate educational programs/processes in academic and healthcare settings
- Advanced Health Appraisal and Physical Assessment
- Theory Development in Nursing
- Nursing Research
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Assessment, Measurement, and Evaluation in Nursing Education
- Advanced Health Appraisal and Physical Assessment Lab
- Healthcare Leadership, and Management
- Health Policy, Politics, and Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Nursing View 409 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- A B.S. in Nursing from a CCNE or NLN accredited program
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- A Physical Assessment course with at least a B
- A college-level statistics course with at least a B
- A college-level research methods course with at least a B
- Experience as a Registered Nurse
- Licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine or multi-state compact license (by date of admission)
- A pre-admission meeting with nursing faculty to discuss goals and program of study
- An online application
- An essay using the guidelines set by the Graduate School of Nursing
- Official academic transcripts
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation
International9735 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 590 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9735 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 590 USD per credit during 24 months.
per credit hour
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.