The Food Science and Human Nutrition Online concentration from The University of Maine is a non-thesis option providing students with broad knowledge in the fields of Food Science and Human Nutrition while emphasizing professional development, research, and communication.
Students will gain the knowledge and skills necessary for success as food industry and nutrition professionals. With the combined Human Nutrition and Food Technology option delivered completely online, working professionals can take advantage of the flexibility of course scheduling, working around their busy lives.
- Advanced Human Nutrition
- Food Preservation
- Responsible Design, Conduct and Analysis of Research
- Communication in Nutrition and Food Technology
- Nutritional Assessment
- Nutrition & Aging
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition
- Fermented Foods & Probiotics
- Utilization of Aquatic Food Resources
- Organic & Natural Foods
- Principles of Sensory Evaluation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 36 other Masters in Food Sciences in United States
- Two college-level courses in Chemistry (1 year)
- Two college-level courses in Biology (1 year)
- One college-level introductory nutrition course (recommended but not required)
- For international applicants, a TOEFL score of at least 88
- An online application
- Official academic transcripts
- TOEFL scores (if necessary)
- 3 letters of recommendation
International8850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 590 USD per credit during 24 months.
National8850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 590 USD per credit during 24 months.
per credit hour
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.