Students receive training via academic coursework, research, teaching and outreach activities. The Neuroscience MSc degree from Georgia State University emphasizes the research aspect of graduate training and so all MS students must either complete a capstone project or successfully conduct and defend an approved thesis. The thesis option is only recommended for students that are interested in eventually pursuing a doctoral degree.
- First-rate city for neuroscience
Atlanta has a thriving neuroscience community and a very active Chapter of the Society for Neuroscience. In addition to the extensive amount of neuroscience research occurring at Georgia State University, there are opportunities for collaboration with researchers at Emory University, Georgia Tech, Morehouse School of Medicine, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Training provided in state-of-the-art research centers and facilities
In addition to laboratories within the Petit Science Center and Natural Science Center, there are numerous centers associated with the Neuroscience Institute. For a list of research resources, see neuroscience.gsu.edu/research.
- Exceptional number of science education and outreach programs
Students have the opportunity to participate in rewarding programs aimed at increasing scientific literacy and brain awareness in the community, including K-12 students.
- Cellular, Molecular, and Developmental Neuroscience
- Systems Neuroscience
- Behavioral Neuroscience
- Principles of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Statistics for Neuroscience
- Research Design and Analysis in Neuroscience
- Computational Neuroscience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Neuroscience Cognitive Sciences View 195 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Georgia State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- In addition to completing the Online Graduate application, successful applicants have an undergraduate or master’s degree in a discipline related to the neurosciences, a strong record of coursework (GPA 3.00 or greater), and preferably have relevant research experience.
- As indicated in the online graduate application, the following are also required: transcripts of all past academic performances, a statement of purpose, three letters of recommendation and, for non-native speakers of English, official scores on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
International30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 12 months.
National30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State9552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4776 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.