The Environmental Engineering Science program of Michigan Technological University is designed as a pathway to a career in environmental science. Students admitted to the Master of Science program in Environmental Engineering Science may complete the requirements for a Bachelor of Science degree as part of their MS plan of study.
Under the guidance of an advisory committee, students tailor an academic plan to their individual interests and professional goals, choosing an area of emphasis from the following:
- Surface-water quality and water resources
- Environmental-systems modeling
- Pollution prevention
- Environmental chemistry
- Solid waste and hazardous wastes
- Atmospheric systems and air-pollution control
- Groundwater and subsurface remediation
Whether your interests lie in research or course work, we offer a master's degree option to suit your educational goals.
This option requires a research thesis prepared under the supervision of the advisor. The thesis describes a research investigation and its results. The scope of the research topic for the thesis should be defined in such a way that a full-time student could complete the requirements for a master’s degree in one to two years. The thesis must be prepared following the current procedures.
This option requires a report describing the results of an independent study project. The scope of the research topic should be defined in such a way that a full-time student could complete the requirements for a master’s degree in one year to a year and a half. The report must be prepared following the current procedures.
- Bituminous Materials
- Sustainable Pavement Engineering and Civil Engineering Materials
- Advanced Structural Timber Design
- Infrastructure Life Cycle Engineering
- Environmental Process Engineering
- Water Quality Modeling in Natural Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Ecology Environmental Sciences View 702 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- No Additional Documents Accepted
- GRE not required
- TOEFL: Recommended Score of at least 100 iBT
- IELTS: Recommended Overall Band Score of at least 7.0
- Michigan Tech requires a minimum 79 overall TOEFL or 6.5 overall IELTS score.
International26505 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26505 USD per year during 12 months.
National26505 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26505 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houghton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.