The research-intensive Applied Cognitive Science and Human Factors program of Michigan Technological University unites the expertise of multiple disciplines toward optimizing performance, health, and safety at the interface of humans and technology. Participating scholars include both human experts and built-systems experts, including psychologists, engineers, computer scientists, and usability specialists.
There is a growing need for experts trained in human factors. Opportunities are expanding in all employment sectors, including industry, government, and academia. Nonprofits and consulting firms also employ human factors specialists. Common job titles in the area of human factors include:
- Cognitive engineer
- Customer-experience specialist
- Human-factors psychologist or engineer
- Knowledge engineer
- Usability specialist
- Usability engineer
- User-experience specialist
- User-interface designer
- Advanced Statistical Analysis and Design
- Applied Cognitive Science
- Human Factors
- Cognitive Psychology
- Cognitive Systems
- Sensation and Perception
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Statistics Cognitive Sciences View 548 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in a field related to Cognitive Science, Human Factors, or Ergonomics (Preferred but not required)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Résumé / Curriculum vitae
- Admitted students generally have an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Writing Sample (preferably related to the field of interest)
- For Master's thesis and PhD, you must list faculty and areas of interest. Students must list at least one faculty member as a potential advisor whom they have contacted before applying.
- TOEFL: Recommended Score of at least 90 iBT
- Michigan Tech requires a minimum of 79 overall TOEFL or 6.5 overall IELTS score.
International23332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23332 USD per year during 12 months.
National23332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23332 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houghton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.