The M.S. degree in Zoology entails a balance of advanced coursework and the completion of a thesis based on the results of original research.
Research is an essential component of graduate study in Zoology at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. For the M.S. and PhD degrees, we keep coursework requirements to a minimum. This allows our students to acquire hands-on experience and expertise in their chosen specialty through intensive and original research. Learn more about areas of specialization and connect with faculty by selecting an area of research emphasis:
- Ecology and Ecosystem Studies
- Environmental Toxicology
- Fisheries Biology and Aquaculture
- Genetics, Evolution and Population Biology
- Wildlife Administration and Management
- Wildlife Ecology and Management
- Systematic Zoology
- Conservation Biology
- Plant-Insect Interaction
- Genome Evolution
- Animal Behavior
- Evolutionary Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Ecology Genetics View 101 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Southern Illinois University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
For admission to a Master's program:
- 2.7 (on a 4.0 grading scale) on approximately the last two years of your Bachelor's degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 on all previous graduate coursework
- Online application
- Proof of funds (bank statement or letter from financial institution) is required to complete your application process.
- English proficiency
International35213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35213 USD per year during 24 months.
National35213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35213 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14085 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14085 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Carbondale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.