The Information and Communications Technology (Computer Science) MSc program from Old Dominion University emphasizes cutting-edge ICT skills, which can provide a basis for job entry, career development and flexibility amid the rapid changes in Information Technology.
What makes Information & Communications Technology at ODU unique?
- Course-only option: 18 credits (6 courses) must be CS graduate courses, and 15 credits (5 courses) must be IT graduate courses.
- Project option: 15 credits (5 courses) must be CS graduate courses, and 15 credits (5 courses) must be IT graduate courses.
- Typically, 3-4 semesters are required to complete degree requirements
- Prepare students for IT careers with knowledge or skills in business transaction systems, database, business intelligence, enterprise computing, AI (artificial intelligence), big data, IoT, enterprise architecture, and others.
- Information Literacy and Research
- Cybersecurity, Technology, and Society
- Information Systems
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Networking and Security
- Web Site and Web Page Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 997 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Equivalent U.S. Bachelor's Degree.
- Application and $50 fee.
- All prior Secondary/High School or College/University. transcripts along with Diploma or Leaving Certificate.
- Demonstrated English Language Proficiency.
- Financial Documentation (seeking F/J visas only).
- Passport identification.
- Essay/Personal Statement/Resume.
- In addition, an applicant must have a strong background in computer science. Students who do not have a sufficient background in computer science may enter the graduate program as provisional students and make up for their deficiencies by taking appropriate courses.
- Applicants are required to take the GRE general test or the GMAT aptitude test may be used.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members of academic institutions are required in addition to all transcripts at the postsecondary level.
International41610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1387 USD per credit during 12 months.
National41610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1387 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State16530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 551 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Norfolk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.