Students gain a foundation in teaching and content knowledge from experts in the field who are actively engaged in the educational research community. Students embed their knowledge throughout the program, empowering them to engage in research through coursework.
The culminating experience engages students' research by critically evaluating education research related to an action research problem, applying education concepts to classroom experience and reflecting on practice.
This Special Education MEd program offered at Arizona State University alone does not provide the clinical professional experience needed to obtain an institutional recommendation that is required for teacher certification. Students who enroll in the degree and later determine they want or need an institutional recommendation for certification or they need the clinical professional experience portion of the certification requirements can formally request to change to the MEd in special education with a concentration in teacher certification and would submit a petition requesting for coursework completed in this standalone program to apply towards the certification program.
Students are prepared to start or advance in educational careers working with diverse learners in grades K-12. They gain skills in instruction and assessment, educational research and collaborating in teams that allow them to successfully work in schools and other community-serving organizations to deliver effective programming for students with mild-to-moderate disabilities.
Career examples include:
- curriculum leader
- educational researcher
- non-certified educator in school or community settings
- special education director
- Instructional Methods for Language and Literacy
- Creating Equitable Learning Environment: Decision-Making and Action
- Cultivating Networks of Culturally Responsive Relationships among Families, Communities and Cultures
- Educator Scholar Community
- Instructional Design, Planning and Assessment
- Integrated Humanities Methods and Assessment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 2012 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in any content area or education related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- professional resume
- personal statement
- proof of English proficiency
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26460 USD per year during 12 months.
National24498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24498 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12014 USD per year during 12 months.
- Online: $10,372 per year
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.