Fully online courses include digital technologies, multimodal literature, language and literacy for diverse learners, and literacy assessment and instruction for children and adolescents as well as adults. Through the Education - Literacy Education MA program offered at Arizona State University, students learn how to think deeply about literacy theories, pedagogies and resources through both a solid theoretical foundation of literacy and a foundational knowledge base addressing pedagogical and content knowledge.
Students learn how to support inclusive educational practices, critical thinking skills and multiliteracies to face the challenges of a diverse and global society. Through the program, students learn how to use technology to encourage critical thinking and as a resource for teaching, assessment and inquiry.
Students gain skills in leadership, literacy assessment and instruction, conducting research and utilizing technology, which prepare them to expand or pursue educational careers working with learners of all ages.
Career examples include:
- curriculum writer
- instructional coach
- literacy coordinator
- literacy media specialist
- reading specialist
- Language and Literacy Across the Lifespan
- Literacies, Digital Technologies, and Learning
- Theoretical Foundations in Language and Literacy
- Multimodal Literature for Children and Adolescents
- Supporting Language and Literacy for Diverse Learners
- Writing Throughout the Lifespan
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Teaching View 664 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- three letters of recommendation
- personal statement
- proof of English proficiency
International14992 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14992 USD per year during 12 months.
National14992 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14992 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13680 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.