Students of this Education - Educating Multilingual Learners MA program offered at Arizona State University gain skills and knowledge in language and literacy development, pedagogy, culture and context, and in advocacy for multilingual learners.
Program courses are designed and led by tenured faculty. The program advances a contextualized view of the nature of multilingualism, highlights language learning processes and related pedagogies, and promotes educators' self-reflection about their positionality and potential as advocates for their students.
As populations continue to diversify, there is high demand for professionals with expertise in supporting the unique educational needs of multilingual learners. Graduates are well suited for positions within education or organizations serving international or immigrant populations.
Career examples include:
- education manager
- educational consultant
- multilingual or bilingual education specialist
- professional development manager
- school administrator
- Research and Evaluation in Education
- Bi/Multilingual Acquisition and Development
- Language, Policy, and Power: Past and Present
- Sociolinguistics/Language in Context
- Education for Social Transformation
- Linguistics for Educators
- Methods for Educating Multilingual Learners
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Languages Linguistics View 1447 other Masters in Education in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- three letters of recommendation
- personal statement
- proof of English proficiency
International10372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10372 USD per year during 12 months.
National10372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10372 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10372 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.