Students learn to measure and analyze how consumers interact with content online, on social media and on mobile devices. Using those measurement skills, students develop strategies and tactics to grow audiences through search engine optimization, search engine marketing, paid and organic social media campaigns, and digital content creation. They work with real-world clients to develop, test and execute audience growth strategies in real time.
Through required coursework in ethics, media law and entrepreneurship, students learn to make ethical business decisions regarding consumer privacy, digital data security and community engagement. Through elective courses, students develop additional expertise in areas such as management, audience data and intellectual property.
The digital field is rapidly growing and true experts are highly sought after. The Digital Audience Strategy MSc program offered at Arizona State University equips students with the knowledge and skills they need to launch a new career in digital marketing, content creation, social media and SEO. Graduates are empowered and ready to accelerate their current communications career, able to step into leadership positions to lead digital marketing and communications teams.
Careers in this field include:
- marketing associate
- marketing manager
- market research analyst
- SEO specialist
- Media Law
- Media Entrepreneurship
- Defining the Digital Audience
- Search Engine Strategy for Digital Audience Acquisition
- Social Media Campaigns and Engagement
- Digital Audience Research and Behavior
- Digital Audience Analytics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication Digital Marketing View 60 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in journalism, communications, public relations or a related field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- personal statement of intent
- professional resume
- proof of English proficiency
International15640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15640 USD per year during 12 months.
National15640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15640 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14328 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.