Our program focuses on integrating theory, research and practice so that in one year, you’ll be ready to step into the classroom with the knowledge, skills and strategies to confidently teach students with varying disabilities (e.g., learning disabilities, emotional disabilities, intellectual disabilities, attention deficit hyperactivity disorders, autism spectrum disorders).
- This Curriculum and Instruction - Special Education program at College of William & Mary is designed as a full-time, 12-month (summer, fall, spring) program in which students complete all requirements as a cohort.
- This model provides for an intensive and rewarding experience and creates a strong network of support among students, faculty, cooperating teachers and university supervisors. Part-time options for program completion are also available.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Language Development and Reading Instruction for Exceptional Students
- Instructional Design/Methods for Students with Disabilities in the General Curriculum
- Advanced Teaching Strategies for Exceptional Students with Learning Problems
- Classroom Management and Positive Behavioral Supports for Students with Disabilities
- Reading and Writing Across the Disciplines
- Special Education Student Teaching Seminar
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education Instructional Design View 342 other Masters in Instructional Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Essay
- Admission Test Requirements
- Official Transcripts
International34978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34978 USD per year during 12 months.
National34978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34978 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State16618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16618 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Williamsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.